Header Ads

Story: Somewhere On The Island (Episode 5)

Story: Somewhere On The Island (Episode 5)




Title: Somewhere On The Island
Author: Irene C.
EPISODE 5

"Craig, Craig..
" I wasn't sure who had the voice, but I knew it was sweet and familiar.
She ran up to me, her big eyes glittering with excitement. I wasn't sure if she was that excited to see me. Segun, my crazy colleague exchanged looks with me. He knew what I was thinking, I was so sure.
"Guy, later na. No fall my hand o" he winked as he almost collided with her. I was sure that was intentional, Segun and women! He's exactly the opposite of Osas. Sometimes I wonder how we manage to stay together.
Before I could think and put my self together, she had already thrown her self on me, hugging me tighter than my socks did to my leg. I caught Segun watching us from where he stood, he would never want to miss such a spectacle.
"Aisha..." I managed to say
"I like the way you call my name" She smoothened her hair, smiling so big.
"Really, when I thought I wasn't pronouncing it well with my misplaced accent"
She giggled and bit her lower lips, in a way that made me uncomfortable. Fine girls like this have a way of taking me off balance. God please, help me not to fall into temptation. This girl is damn beautiful!
"Where are you off too?"
"My house of course! I was about going to the bus stop before you came around"
"Meaning, I'm a nuisance delaying you or something?"
"Jeez! Not at all, I wasn't implying that."
She grinned again and before I knew it she was already holding my hands.
"Let's hang out before going home at least...the last time I checked, you were not married" she winked.
Ewo...I'm not anti-woman quite alright, but I hate flirting with them. I hate getting involved with so many women, that I won't know what to do with them. After my experience in the university, I decided to repent. I used to be a chronic player; girls usually fell for me like ripe mango fruits falling from a tree. I enjoyed the attention I got and was willing to take in any Funke or Chiwendu knocking on my door post. Getting out of school, I was tired of that life and I decided to stop being a player. God has been helping me since then, the urge kept dying everyday. I told my self that if I was ever going to get into any relationship, it would be someone I loved to stupor and someone I would get married to. No more playing, no more girls entering and leaving my room like fresh air. I'm now a perfect gentleman, oya!
"You're not saying anything, common don't keep a pretty lady waiting". She was indeed pretty, in fact a demi-goddess.
"I'm sorry dear...."
"Sorry what?" She didn't even let me finish.
"Sorry for keeping you waiting."
She laughed loud, her right hand falling on my left shoulder afterwards. It was obvious she was flirting with me. Why me God? This girl is so beautiful, I don't want to fall her hand. Why not Segun or my boss? The womanizers!
"OK Prince charming, let's go watch a movie at Silverbird Cinemas, we would have a good time"
Before I could say yes or no, we were already watching star wars in a dark cinema room; her eyes glittering like the stars in the dark.
I got home later than usual that day. I was about entering my room when Segun called me sounding so excited. I wondered what he wanted to hear.
"My guy!" He hailed me from his end.
"How come you're calling me at this ungodly hour, rascal!"
"How far the babe na? See how she was all over you!"
"See, if you called to ask about Aisha, no show guy, I'm not interested. We only watched a movie, and ate suya on our way back"
"Na you sabi, saint Obi!...go for her dude, she's got a thing for you!"
I hissed as the call ended. Well, it's possible that she just wants us to be just friends. I was still thinking of that when a message entered my phone. 'Thanks dear, you made my day...look forward to some other time. Sweet dreams... Aisha. I sighed and hid the phone under my pillow. I refused to reply the message, make she go rest abeg.
That night my mind kept wandering up and down like the moon moving through the clouds. From Aisha resting her head on my shoulder to Onome's beautiful smile that made me lose balance. Thoughts of Onome lingered on my mind until I fell asleep. I really wanted to see her again.

No comments:

Your View

Powered by Blogger.